Digital Tools for Resilient Housing
- mHS CITY LAB
- Marco Ferrario (email@example.com)
mHS CITY LAB is a social enterprise working for inclusive cities. The innovation, NEEV, is a digital platform to bridge the access gap to technical construction expertise for low income households to impact resilient, inclusive, affordable housing. The innovation mobile platform, will make delivery of construction technical assistance (CTA) financially feasible and scalable.
This is likely to increase cross-sectoral adoption as well as impact structural safety of the built environment. NEEV is designed for use by last mile field workers in high risk, low-income communities where architect and engineering expertise in not available or too expensive and costly to deliver.
Specifically the scope of the tool is to:
1) empower field staff with project outputs based on architectural, engineering data that can be accessible with minimal on-boarding and off-line training videos.
2) produce accurate cost-estimates, track detailed material needs and spending, advise on different phases of construction.
3) ensure disaster prone communities can access to construction technical assistance that is customized, resource efficient and affordable.
4) bring greater awareness, best practices and skills to improve quality of construction in disaster risk areas, especially highly dense neighborhoods.
NEEV Has been developed with the support of Facebook.org, CISCO CSR and in partnership with ACCESS Development Services.