Guidelines: National platforms for disaster risk reduction
These guildelines introduce national platforms for disaster risk reduction as a coordination mechanism which need to be built through a nationally-owned and led participatory process that includes different sectors’ perspectives and actions, and a multistakeholder composition, in order to be effective and sustainable. It advocates for national platforms to be embedded in the broader national systems for disaster reduction and development, as their influence on national development and resource mobilization depends on their effective integration into the existing governance, decision-making and institutional frameworks.
- View full document (in English) [PDF 679.31 kB]
- View full document (in Chinese) [PDF 1.25 MB]
- View full document (in French) [PDF 728.60 kB]
- View full document (in Russian) [PDF 628.66 kB]
- View full document (in Spanish) [PDF 804.03 kB]
- Reference code:
- 17 p.
- Capacity Development, Governance, Disaster Risk Management
VI Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction in the Americas, Cartagena, Colombia 20-22 June 2018.