UNISDR annual report 2016
The year 2016 was transformative for UNISDR - internally, UNISDR aligned its work in support of the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 with the organisational vision of its new senior management team. This resulted in the implementation of a new Strategic Framework 2016-2021, Work Programme 2016-2019 and a change management process. Externally, UNISDR facilitated and steered the global community’s transition from the Hyogo Framework for Action to the Sendai Framework and helped translate the Sendai Framework into policies, plans and action.
This is the first Annual Report against the UNISDR Work Programme 2016-2019, which comprises the following Strategic Objectives and Enablers:
- SO1- Strengthen global monitoring, analysis and coordination of Sendai Framework implementation;
- SO2- Support regional and national Sendai Framework implementation;
- SO3- Catalyse action through Member States and Partners;
- Enabler 1- Effective knowledge management, communication and global advocacy;
- Enabler 2- Strengthened organisational performance.
In addition to reporting against the Strategic Objectives and Enablers, this report provides an overview of the 2016 results achieved by UNISDR’s five Regional Offices in Africa, the Arab States, the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- 29 p.
- Capacity Development, Governance, Economics of DRR