Regional Road Map for Urban Seismic Risk Management in the Caribbean
The Regional Road Map identifies concrete actions that will advance the current status of seismic risk management in the Caribbean, including replication and scaling up of previous interventions. This tool will assist stakeholders to identify, implement and report on actions taken in their various spheres of work related to risk governance and disaster risk management. The document also addresses the need for seismic risk management in urban areas.
The implementation of this road map will contribute to the safeguarding of livelihoods and other targets as expressed in the global and regional DRR frameworks. In an effort to strategically address urban seismic risk management, the roadmap focuses on the four following themes:
- The status of urban seismic risk management;
- Recommendations for regional level actions;
- Timelines for the achievement of regional level actions;
- Funding opportunities for advancing road map.
- 27 p.
- Urban Risk & Planning, Disaster Risk Management, Small Island Developing States (SIDS)