Guidance notes on recovery: Private sector
This document attempts to fill knowledge gaps regarding the role of the private sector in disaster recovery and draws from the wider body of knowledge and from documented experiences of past and present disaster planning and recovery. This guide is intended for use by local, regional, and national government policymakers, planners, operational staff, and others interested or engaged in facilitating a more risk-reducing recovery process.
The publication provides lessons through the analysis of case studies regarding the following issues:
- the disaster recovery role of the private sectors (p. 35-55);
- engaging the private sector in disaster recovery (p. 56-97);
- supporting private sector recovery (p. 98-136).
- 161 p.
- Private Sector, Recovery, Small Island Developing States (SIDS)
- Argentina, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Nepal, Philippines, Russian Federation, Thailand, United States of America