Implementation of the "Resilience of Communities" policy in land use planning on the provincial territory of Potenza
This paper provides the institutional contribution of the Province of Potenza (Italy) in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and climate on its territory. The Province plays an important role both as regards to territorial governance and safety. It provides with fundamental institutional support to the local actors for the correct use and protection of the territory.
With regards to DRR, the municipality is asked to perform the following among others (pp. 19-25):
- for risk assessments, evaluations and resilient solutions:
- to refer to higher-level tools of risks classification and assessment highlighting the compliance with their requirements;
- to accompany land transformation interventions by multi-risk and opportunity assessments;
- to accompany the overall urban planning proposal by analysis or assessments;
- for risk mitigation and structural prevention:
- to allocate portions of tax revenues for risk mitigation interventions;
- to draft guidelines and policy documents to be used in planning tools;
- to promote exchanges of experiences and good practices’ transfer by means of extensive cooperation partnerships;
- to define methodologies of 'territorial resilience accounting';
- to explore and set up measures encouraging private investment in planning tools.
This document is an input paper of the 2015 Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Attolico, A.; Smaldone, R.l D'Onofrio, D.; Moretti, V.; Laguardia, G.; Cristiano, L.; Di Grazia, D.; Maioli, F.; Genovese, L.
- 33 p.
- Risk Identification & Assessment, Governance, Disaster Risk Management