Academic network for disaster resilience to optimise educational development
This input paper recognises that reducing disaster risks and impact is a shared responsibility across different stakeholders from different sectors. That shared responsibility can be strengthened through a knowledge-sharing platform with strong partnership. The Academic Network for Disaster Resilience to Optimise educatIonal Development (ANDROID) is one of such partnerships that was formed to increase societal resilience, through the development of innovative European education.
The key achievements of the network are among others (pp. 13-24):
- online and residential doctoral schools;
- interdisciplinary work in the field of disaster resilience;
- inventory of European disaster resilience education;
- capacity analysis of European public administrators;
- special interest groups;
- open education resources;
- ANDROID roadmap;
- further networking opportunities via international conferences.
This document is an input paper of the 2015 Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Amaratunga, D.; Haigh, R.; Thayaparan, M.
- 26 p.
- Education & School Safety, Information Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience