Fourth session of the global platform for disaster risk reduction proceedings
Invest today for a safer tomorrow - resilient people, resilient planet:
These proceedings highlight the four days of deliberations, discussions and presentations via various forums, which called for a shared vision and commitment for the next 30 years – a trans-generational compact for the sustainability of development. This Session generated critical and substantive advice for the preparation of the post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction, commonly called “HFA2”, and for the Third World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction, which will take place Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture in March 2015, where HFA2 will be adopted.
The proceedings also include the official statement from the private sector, the achievements and future goals from the scientific and technical Platforms, and the Summary of the Mayors’ meeting on the Making Cities Resilient Campaign, among others. They provide an overview and are to be considered in conjunction with the recordings and the documents available on the Fourth Session of the Global Platform website.
- View full document [PDF 2.63 MB]
- View full document (in Arabic) [PDF 2.62 MB]
- View full document (in Chinese) [PDF 2.84 MB]
- View full document (in French) [PDF 2.57 MB]
- View full document (in Russian) [PDF 2.67 MB]
- View full document (in Spanish) [PDF 2.57 MB]
- 86 p.
- Civil Society/NGOs, Climate Change, Private Sector, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Economics of DRR, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Vulnerable Populations