Factsheet: overview of disaster risk reduction in the Arab region
This publication provides a short overview of disaster risk reduction in the Arab region. It focuses on the major risks, why in particular cities are at risk and what are the drivers of disaster risk in the region. Further, the factsheet provides information about the achievements and challenges for the future.
- View full document [PDF 171.14 kB]
- View full document (in French) [PDF 357.47 kB]
- View full document (in Arabic) [PDF 253.28 kB]
- 4 p.
- Climate Change, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Disaster Risk Management, Small Island Developing States (SIDS)
- Cyclone, Drought, Earthquake, Flood, Heat Wave, Land Slide, Tsunami, Wild Fire
- Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Palestine, State of
- Africa, Asia
The Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction 2018, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 3-6 July 2018.