Annual report 2011: UNISDR secretariat work programme 2010-2011
This Annual Report for 2011, which provides a comprehensive overview of the UNISDR Biennial Work Programme 2010-2011, focuses on UNISDR’s work with partners to deliver results and measures achievement against the strategic objectives for these two years. It briefly sets out UNISDR progress against four strategic objectives: (i) disaster risk reduction accepted and applied for climate change adaptation; (ii) measurable increases in investments in disaster risk reduction; (iii) disaster-resilient cities, schools and hospitals; and (iv) strengthened international system for disaster risk reduction. The report then gives an account of the financial situation and the intended outcomes of UNISDR's objectives.
Key milestones in 2011:
- Post-HFA framework on the international agenda
- 2011 - The year of the Making Cities Resilient campaign
- 2011 Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction
- 2011 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
- IPCC endorsement for disaster risk reduction
- High-profile advocacy
- UNISDR secretariat strengthened
- View full document [PDF 5.76 MB]
- Download the infographic of UNISDR's achievements, 2010-2011 [PDF 749.78 kB]
- Download a map of UNISDR's media trainings in 2010-2011
- 72 p.
- Climate Change, Education & School Safety, Health & Health Facilities, Information Management, Advocacy & Media, Private Sector, Risk Identification & Assessment, Governance, Economics of DRR, Disaster Risk Management