Report of the World Conference on Natural Disaster Reduction, Yokohama, 23-27 May 1994
The report of the World Conference on Natural Disaster Reduction, held in Yokohama, Japan 23-27 May 1994 includes the Yokohama Strategy for a Safer World: Guidelines for Natural Disaster Prevention, Preparedness and Mitigation, the Principles, the Strategy and the Plan of Action. It also includes the resolutions and decision adopted by the Conference, the attendance and organization of work, the general debate, the report of the main Committee and action taken by the Conference, the reports of the technical Committees, the reports of the credentials Committees, and the adoption of the report of the Conference.
- View full document [PDF 104.58 kB]
- View full document (in French) [PDF 122.00 kB]
- View full document (in Spanish) [PDF 120.59 kB]
- View full document (in Arabic) [PDF 201.82 kB]
- View full document (in Chinese) [PDF 2.37 MB]
- View full document (in Russian) [PDF 181.27 kB]
- 49 p.
- Capacity Development, Community-based DRR, Early Warning, Environment & Ecosystems, Health & Health Facilities, Risk Identification & Assessment, Urban Risk & Planning, Fragility and conflict, Governance, Economics of DRR, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Structural Safety