E-Learning: Orientation to using the online Sendai Framework Monitor
- Training Course
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)
- Other organizer:
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (UNDRR AP)
- Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC)
- 24 Jan - 31 Dec 2019
About this course
In March 2018, the Sendai Framework Monitor was launched by United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction as the official tool to report on global and national implementation progress of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, as well as related targets of the Sustainable Development Goals.
This course from the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction and the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) aims to train government officials and relevant stakeholders involved in reporting national progress using the online Sendai Framework Monitor. The course is comprised of video lectures, online Monitor tutorials, discussion boards, and short assessments.
As a self-paced course, pick and choose relevant modules, or complete all modules and assessments to receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this course. To receive a Certificate of Completion, you must pass 75% of the quizzes.
What you will learn
- An overview of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030
- How to set up the online Sendai Framework Monitor and organize your country institutions for reporting
- How to report on each target of the Sendai Framework using the online Sendai Framework Monitor
Estimated Effort: 3-4 hours (self-paced)
Course Introduction Module 1: Overview of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction
- 1.1 What is the Sendai Framework?
- 1.2 Historical context and development
Module 2: Introduction to Sendai Framework Monitor (SFM)
- 2.1 What is the SFM?
- 2.2 Setting up the country system
Module 3: Tutorials on using SFM
- 3.1 Technical Guidance Notes
- 3.2 Initial SFM set-up
- 3.3 Reporting on targets A-G through SFM
- 3.4 Custom targets and indicators
- 3.5 Introduction to DesInventar
Timothy Wilcox, Programme Management Officer, UN Office for DRR, Asia-Pacific
Alyssa Thurston, Course Content Developer, Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
- Capacity Development