- Meeting or Conference
- 11-12 Dec 2018
- Thailand (Bangkok)
- United Nations Conference Centre
The ISDR-Asia Partnership (IAP) is an informal multi-stakeholder forum for achieving disaster risk reduction through the implementation of the Sendai Framework and the Asia Regional Plan. The forum includes governments, intergovernmental organizations, civil society organizations, the UN, international organizations, and bilateral and multilateral donors. Collectively, the IAP and AMCDRR form the regional platform for disaster risk reduction in the Asia Pacific region.
The Asia Regional Plan designated the IAP Forum as an instrumental mechanism to ensure the plan’s implementation and monitor its progress. Specifically, he Action Plan 2018-2020 identifies some key functions of the IAP Forum as:
a. Periodically assess progress in implementation of the Asia Regional Plan and the Sendai Framework.
b. Share lessons and identify key gaps in implementation of disaster risk reduction in the region.
c. Provide or mobilize technical expertise and guidance on disaster risk reduction at the regional-level.
d. Advocate for accelerated implementation of the Sendai Framework.
OBJECTIVES OF THE IAP FORUM DEC 2018
The next IAP Forum is being convened on 11-12 December 2018 with the following key objectives:
• Share and review progress in disaster risk reduction and, in particular, implementation of the Asia Regional Plan;
• Identify key and emerging DRR thematic topics in the region.
• Assess the needs of national governments in implementing the Sendai Framework, and the potential contribution of stakeholders and international organizations in meeting them.
- Governance, Disaster Risk Management