- Training Course
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (UNISDR AP)
- 08-09 Mar 2018
- Thailand (Bangkok)
Overall, the workshop will focus on:
- Using the Sendai Framework Monitor System including uploading and entering data, analytical capabilities of the system as well as levels of application (global, regional, national, local);
- Reviewing Global (obligatory) and Custom (optional) Sendai Framework Indicators and links with SDG Indicators; and
- Reporting expectations, dates and next steps.
Participants will have opportunities to enter data and use a training version of the Monitor system to increase their familiarity and skill in using the actual system. This will also enable them to return to their country and boost their national capacity in monitoring and reporting of DRR.
A detailed agenda will be sent in February to confirmed participants. In the meantime, an interactive version of the Sendai Framework Online Monitor for familiarization is available at: https://www.unisdr.org/go/sfm
- One (1) program or technical officer from the National Disaster Management Office; and
- One (1) program or technical officer from the National Statistics Office or equivalent office responsible for collection of national data for reporting.
It is important that the officers selected should be from positions that will use the online Sendai Framework Monitor to report your country’s progress on the Sendai Framework, and if possible show others how to use it on return to their country.
- Information Management, Disaster Risk Management