- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (UNISDR AP); Mongolia - government; National Emergency Management Agency (Mongolia) (NEMA)
- 14-15 Dec 2017
- Thailand (Bangkok)
- Pullman Bangkok King Power, 8/2 Rangnam Rd, Thanon Phayathai, Thanon-Phayathai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
The Asia Regional Plan provides a broad policy direction to guide the implementation of the Sendai Framework in context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in the region and highlights the role of the ISDR-Asia Partnership (IAP) Forum as an instrumental means to ensure its achievement and monitor its progress. The Plan underscores the importance of strengthening the biennial AMCDRR and the biannual IAP meetings as the principal means of regional disaster risk reduction governance mechanisms to ensure its effective follow-up and implementation. The IAP thus forms a key regional governance and technical support mechanism to facilitate a periodic review of the Asia Regional Plan.
The IAP is an informal multi-stakeholder forum for disaster risk reduction through the implementation of the Sendai Framework and the Asia Regional Plan. The forum includes governments, regional inter-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, UN and international organizations, and bilateral and multilateral donors.
The forum meets twice a year and serves as the main consultation forum for the Asian Ministerial Conferences. Collectively, the IAP and AMCDRR form the regional platform for disaster risk reduction in the Asia-Pacific region.
Objectives of the IAP Forum December 2017
The next IAP forum is being convened on 14-15 December 2017 in Bangkok. The Forum will build on the outcomes of the last IAP Forum (5-7 April 2017, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia) with the following key objectives:
- Share global and regional updates in disaster risk reduction;
- Assess progress made in the implementation of the Asia Regional Plan and stakeholder commitments;
- Update on the plans and status of preparations for the AMCDRR 2018 in Mongolia;
- Firm up and define the agenda of the AMCDRR 2018; and
- Enhance understanding of the Sendai Framework Monitor.
- Governance, Disaster Risk Management