- Training Course
- Lisbon Municipality
- 12-13 Oct 2017
- Portugal (Lisbon)
Lisbon City Council through Civil Protection Service (CML/SMPC), has continued to invest in the principles defined by the Sendai Framework 2015-2030. It does so with the goal of strengthening its strategic partnerships in the financial, environmental, social, political, cultural, technological, and research domains that have greatly contributed to prevent potential risk situations and boost the proximity to all those who live, work, study and circulate on Lisbon city. All this investment has contributed to disseminate the Safety Culture, an opportunity to strengthen Communities, to increase the city's resilience and to establish its Plan of Action.
A step forward is given this week with our participation in several events.
The following remarks deserve to be highlighted:
- the meetings and news disseminated in the EU projects: RESCCUE - RESilience to Cope with Climate Change on Urban arEas, and RESILENS - Realising European Resilience for Critical Infrastructure
- information and awareness actions aimed at children from primary school, through the Lisbon's project "Growing up in safety"
- exercises and training with private critical infrastructures of measures of self-protection, directed to their operators and first responders
- spot "What is resilience" of the project RESILENS
All scheduled events were prepared and targeted to audiences previously sensitized to the need to make Lisbon more resilient.
- Climate Change, Education & School Safety, Urban Risk & Planning
- Earthquake, Flood, Heat Wave, Storm Surge, Tornado