- Meeting or Conference
- University of Warwick
- 13 Oct 2017
- United Kingdom (Coventry)
- University of Warwick, Humanities Building, Room H043
The Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies in collaboration with the Warwick Institute for the Science of Cities is organising a workshop to promote the work that is currently being held across different departments of the University on disaster risk reduction.
The workshop will include presentations by academics as well as a tutorial for collaborative mapping using JOSM and will be concluded by a 'Mapathon' event.
- 09:00 - 09:30 Registration
- 09:30 - 10:00 Rethinking, risk, crisis and uncertainty: disaster resilience 2.0
- Professor Jon Coaffee, Politics and International Studies, University of Warwick
- 10:00 - 10:30 Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science: Emerging Data and Practices to Support Disaster Risk Reduction
- Dr João Porto de Albuquerque, Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies, University of Warwick
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 11:30 Tutorial - Using crowdsourcing mapping software for humanitarian purposes – How to map using JOSM
- 11:30 - 13:30 ‘Mapathon’, Collaborative mapping event for disease outbreak in Kenya (lunch provided)
To attend the event, please register here.
- Capacity Development, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Vulnerable Populations
- United Kingdom