- Meeting or Conference
- Timor-Leste Red Cross
- 12-13 Oct 2017
Timor-Leste celebrates International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction day at two different levels:
District Level :
- Spread DRR messages through seven Public Service Announcement and fortnightly talk show on the community radio which will be broadcasted throughout the county both before and after the event.
National level :
- 2 days workshop on disaster preparedness and response, DRR quiz for student,exhibition and drill disaster simulation in Aileu municipality.
- Socialize family disaster planning, with a large detailed banner that includes both disaster preparedness and action response
- TV spot, PSA’s and Talk show for radio regarding IDDR theme and DRR key messages.
- DRR drama by the Youth Red Cross.
- National event: Government, World Bank, UNDP, Timor-Leste Red Cross, IOM, Plan International, Mercy Corp, World Vision and other high level government and agencies.
- District event: Timor-Leste Red Cross branch staff, volunteer and board member; Village Heads, local radio and the broader community
- Disaster Risk Management