- Training Course
- Mauritius - government; National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Centre (NDRRMC); UNISDR Office for Northeast Asia and Global Education and Training Institute for Disaster Risk Reduction at Incheon (UNISDR ONEA-GETI)
- 19-21 Jun 2017
- Le Voila, Bagatelle
The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 is the first major agreement of the post-2015 development agenda, with seven global targets and four priorities for action.
It is a 15-year, voluntary, non-binding agreement which recognizes that the State has the primary role to reduce disaster risk but that responsibility should be shared with other stakeholders including local government, the private sector and other stakeholders. It aims for the following outcome:
The substantial reduction of disaster risk and losses in lives, livelihoods and health and in the economic, physical, social, cultural and environmental assets of persons, businesses, communities and countries.
About the Workshop
This Training of Trainers for Implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction workshop addresses National level planning and the role of various actors, including local authorities. It is a follow-up to 2016 workshop, aimed at targeting additional actors.
Workshop participants will be able to adapt the training modules to lead conslutations in their relevant institutions with authorities on:
- Understanding risk: global and urban trends in disaster and risk
- Mainstreaming disaster risk reduction (DRR) into socio-economic development via case studies by Sendai Priority
- Understanding the Sendai Framework and related tools
- Developing DRR Action Plans towards the development of DRR plans and strategies (Sendai Framework Target (e))
- DRR Action Plan Monitoring, Evaluation and Follow Up
- Capacity Development