- Meeting or Conference
- Sociedad Geológica del Perú (SGP)
- 29 Nov - 01 Dec 2017
- Peru (Huaraz)
- Cultural Center of Huaraz
- English, Spanish
This event will be held in Huaraz, Peru from November 29th to December 1st, 2017. The conference aims to promote a space where questions related to the global impacts of climate change can be discussed from diverse perspectives, including scientific, economic and societal standpoints.
The scientific program includes oral and poster sessions of technical works, keynote speakers and an interdisciplinary roundtable discussion. Optional field trips and short courses will be held at the Cordillera Blanca.
The conference will focus on the following four topic areas:
- Global warming and climate change: records, trends and scenarios;
- Past climate changes: large-scale, Quaternary, and Holocene proxies and trends;
- Slow onset events: desertification, glacier retreat, groundwater stress, soil degradation, sea-level rise, change of ecosystem composition, expansion of plagues, epidemics and others;
- Social and economic impacts: adaptation strategies in the Andean region and beyond.
Other related topics may include climate change modelling, carbon emissions, heat budget, ocean-atmosphere interactions, glaciers and water supply, hydroclimatic extreme events, and health issues.
Call for papers
Currently accepting short-papers from colleagues working on modern or past climate change using observational or theoretical data, as well as those addressing directly climate change effects and impacts.
Scientists are kindly invited to send their abstracts to email@example.com before May 31, 2017. Templates and guidelines are available on the conference website listed below.
- May 31: short-papers submission deadline
- September 30: early-bird registration deadline
- October 10: students registration deadline
- October 25: regular registration deadline
For information on registration, please click here.
For additional information, please visit the conference website or contact the organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Climate Change, Risk Identification & Assessment, Economics of DRR, Social Impacts & Social Resilience