- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Africa (UNISDR AF)
- African Union (AU)
- 07-08 Mar 2017
- Ethiopia (Addis Ababa)
- AU Headquarters
The Tenth Session of the Africa Working Group (AWG) is expected to make key recommendations to facilitate the implementation of the Programme of Action at all levels. It will also develop the Africa Common Position to be presented at the 2017 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, 22-26 May 2017 in Cancun, Mexico, in line with the Decision of the January 2017 African Union Summit.
This session will be hosted by the African Union Commission and the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction will serve as the Secretariat.
- Review progress in the implementation of agreed action points from the 9th Session of AWG, 26-27 October 2016, Livingstone, Zambia
- Review progress in disaster risk reduction in Africa in the context of the Sendai Framework
- Develop the Africa Common Position to be presented at the 2017 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Review the draft Terms of Reference of the AWG
- The development of an Africa Common Position for the 2017 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Revised Terms of Reference for the AWG
- Capacity Development, Governance, Disaster Risk Management