- Meeting or Conference
- Lund University
- 07 Mar 2017
- Sweden (Lund)
- Main University Building Auditorium, Paradisgatan 2, 22350
This symposium aims to raise the awareness of the general public, political leaders, and civil servants to changing global and local disaster risk, associated challenges, and potential solutions. The event is hosted by the Division of Risk Management and Societal Safety at LTH Lund University on 7 March, at 15:00-18:00 in Lund, Sweden.
This symposium is one of the highlight events to celebrate Lund University’s 350th anniversary during 2017. Participating speakers include the following:
- Margareta Wahlström, former Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Sara Myrdal, Head of EU and International Affairs, Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency
- Professor Dan Smith, Director, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
- Professor Henrik Tehler, Director, Lund University Center for Critical Infrastructure Protection Research
- Reader Johan Bergström, Division of Risk Management and Societal Safety, LTH Lund University
- Professor Emily Boyd, Director, Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies
The event will be moderated by Professor Mo Hamza, Division of Risk Management and Societal Safety, LTH Lund University.
To register for this event, please follow the link here.
- Capacity Development, Governance, Disaster Risk Management