- Meeting or Conference
- ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability
- 04-06 May 2017
- Germany (Bonn)
- Gustav-Stresemann-Institut (GSI)
Resilient Cities 2017, the 8th Global Forum on Urban Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Change will be held May 4 - 6 in Bonn, Germany ahead of the 2017 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction. Resilient Cities was first launched in 2010 with the goal of connecting local government leaders and climate change adaptation experts to discuss adaptation challenges facing urban environments around the globe and forging partnerships that could have lasting impacts for cities.
The congress will explore current and pressing issues for urban resilience and adaptation to climate change while continuing to track progress on financing resilience, disaster risk reduction (DRR) planning, and mechanisms for measuring, reporting and accelerating action for resilience building. The themes include the following:
- Local implementation of SDG11 and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction;
- How cities prepare and respond to disease outbreaks or other climate-related health risks;
- Forced migration in urban areas;
- Risk transfer and insurance;
- Data security and management.
- Financing resilience;
- Preparing for the worst: minimizing and managing loss and damage.
Register here before March 10th to benefit from reduced early bird fees and see the complete list of prices.
||Full Fee (EUR)
||Reduced Fee (EUR)
To become an exhibitor at Resilient Cities 2017 and showcase your work and projects to participants and speakers, click here.
Partnership opportunities include:
- Sponsoring a congress session or side event;
- Hosting a forum or training session;
- Showcasing your work as an exhibitor;
- Holding your annual meeting at Resilient Cities.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Climate Change, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Economics of DRR, Social Impacts & Social Resilience