- Meeting or Conference
- ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability
- 04-06 May 2017
- Germany (Bonn)
Resilient Cities 2017 will take place over three days from May 4th to 6th including high-level plenaries, trainings, Reality Check Workshops and parallel thematic panel sessions which will feature discussions on a range of new and recurring themes related to urban resilience and urban adaptation to climate change.
These themes will cover a variety of key resilience topics including: ecosystem-based adaptation; governance and collaboration; urban risk data and indicators; adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction planning and policy. Additionally, this call for contributions would like to particularly encourage submissions for the following themes:
- Hot topics: Urban resilience challenges in focus (theme 1):
- local implementation of SDG11 and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction;
- how cities prepare and respond to disease outbreaks or other climate-related health risks;
- forced migration in urban areas;
- risk transfer and insurance;
- data security and management.
- Long-term investments: Financing resilience (theme 7) - with a special focus on direct access funding mechanisms for cities;
- Preparing for the worst: Minimising and managing loss and damage (theme 4) - providing an overview of the current challenges on climate disaster risk management and the implications of loss and damage for cities and Small Island States.
- Call for Contributions opens: 1 October 2016
- Call for Contributions closes: 1 December 2016
- Registration: January 2017
The interested participants may visit this page to submit their contribution.
- Urban Risk & Planning, Social Impacts & Social Resilience