- Meeting or Conference
- Ulsan Metropolitan City; UNISDR Office for Northeast Asia and Global Education and Training Institute for Disaster Risk Reduction at Incheon (UNISDR ONEA-GETI)
- Other organizer:
- Ministry of Public Safety and Security (MPSS)
- 04 Jul 2016
- Korea (Rep. of) (Ulsan)
- With live translation:
Ulsan City aspires to become a role model city in Making Cities Resilient and leading by example.
This event targeted 300 Ulsan City officials and their civil society partners to make Ulsan City disaster resilient though presentations on the Sendai Framework for Disater Risk Reduction and Ten Essentials for Disaster Resilient Cities.
Coherent Action: Reducing Risk for Resilient Communities - Implementing disaster risk reduction, climate change and sustainable development frameworks
- The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and Ten Essentials for Making Cities Resilient were recognized by Ulsan City, as key tools for supporting the implementation of the city’s vision.
- Further demand for training of local authorities and civil society partners.
- Increased demand for use and resources in the Korean language.
- Ulsan City recommitted interest to become a role model city, and to learn and share from city-city exchange.
- Capacity Development, Civil Society/NGOs, Urban Risk & Planning
- Korea, Rep of