- Training Course
- United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS); University for Peace (UPEACE)
- 08 Apr - 19 May 2015
The University for Peace (UPEACE) and the United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) are pleased to invite applications for a new certificate online training course on the topic of “Climate Change, International Law and Human Security”.
The course is intended for staff members of the United Nations and its agencies; staff members of other inter-governmental organizations, NGOs, and government agencies; academics; practitioners; and students, who are working or researching in fields related to climate change and environmental, human rights, international law, development, and migration, amongst others. UPEACE and UNU-EHS aim to ensure equal gender and geographical distribution across the selected participants.
The course has a limited number of seats available. Qualified participants will be admitted on the combined basis of first-come-first served, gender equality and regional representation.
- Week One: Introduction to the Linkages Between Climate Change, International Law and Human Security
- Week Two: International Law Principles Related to Climate Change
- Week Three: Water and Food Security in the Context of Climate Change
- Week Four: Migration, Climate Change and Human Security
- Week Five: Human Rights Based Approaches and Climate Change
- Week Six: Looking Over 2015 (Future Action)
Event feeUSD 500 (certificate) / USD 700 (certificate and 2 academic credits offered by UPEACE)
- Climate Change, Complex Emergency