- Training Course
- E-enhancement Centre
- 21-26 Jul 2014
- Saudi Arabia (Dubai )
- Landmark Grand Hotel
The e-Enhancement Centre Ltd is a consultancy with offices in Nairobi Kenya whose main agenda is promotion of ICT standards in Africa through facilitation of various forums (Conferences, Seminars and Capacity Building Programmes) meant to equip the industry players with relevant and up-to-date information vital to the sound management of organizations through application of the modern ICT in various business sectors with our clientele organizations reading as who-is-who in the continent.
They invite participants to an intensive and exciting 6 day capacity building course (21- 26th July 2014) in Dubai City. The course will comprise a series of presentations and computer-based practical sessions making use of Free and Open Source GIS Software (Quantum GIS software) with example data sets taken from a variety of fields. The main elements of the Quantum user interface are introduced and topics covered include: data management, data visualization, geo-referencing, GPS, analysis, data presentation and reporting.
This 6 day GIS Training Programme is designed to help the participants use GIS to solve spatial related problems and challenges, from disaster analysis, development and policy planning. Anyone seeking to gain proficiency particularly in the humanitarian sector will benefit from this training.
ANTICIPATED COURSE OUTCOMES / ACHIEVEMENTS
Aims and objectives
• To provide delegates with an appreciation of the fundamental concepts of GIS including its strengths and limitations
• To explain the concept of Open Source software QGIS which is effective and readily available.
• To introduce the core functionality of Quantum GIS software package
• To teach the fundamental skills needed to obtain, import, manipulate, analyze, interpret, manage and output spatial data in order to investigate topics in the delegate’s area of interest.
• To demonstrate real-world uses of GIS
This interactive 6-day course features Discussions, Demonstrations and Practical Exercises computer lab activities and includes exciting group activities.
Samuel Nthunie is a GIS Consultant with over 12 years of practical experience in GIS, Remote Sensing, GPS and Cartography. He holds a Master’s of Science in GIS from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany) and is also a continuing Doctor of Philosophy (Geomatics), University of Helsinki. He is a training specialist who have trained for ESRI East Africa and the University of Nairobi.
The registration fee for this workshop is US$ 1300 which will cover all the documentation (Training Manuals and presentation materials, Software, certificate), administration and meals (Teas and Lunch) during the workshop, Tour Activities in Dubai City. Kindly note the fee does not cater for Accommodation and Flight and Visa charges but kindly contact us for Hotel and Visa rates.
Certificates will be issued on successful completion of the Course.
To participate in this course, please fill-in the registration form and return it to the email indicated.
Due to the nature of the course there are a limited number of spaces available and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Target audience• Organizations aspiring to implement G.I.S in their Disaster and Emergency management strategies.
• Information Managers/ Monitoring and Evaluation Professionals
• Humanitarian affairs Managers and Officers/ Program Managers and Supervisors.
• Camp managers/ Water Sanitation and Health experts/ Coordinators.
• Disaster Risk Management Professionals
How to registerContact:
Business Development Executive
The e-Enhancement Centre
Ring Road, Westlands
+254 721 749 239, +254 752 546 676.
- Information Management, GIS & Mapping
- Saudi Arabia