- Meeting or Conference
- BC Water & Waste Association (BCWWA)
- 13 Sep 2013
- Canada (Vancouver)
The BCWWA Climate Change Committee, in collaboration with SFU's Water Research Group and Adaptation to Climate Change Team (ACT), presents a workshop that will provide attendees with tools and methods for communicating important messages about adapting to, and mitigating, the risks of our changing climate to their supervisors, elected officials, residents and other stakeholders.
Individuals who manage water infrastructure and utilities need to understand the risks associated with our changing climate, and how to effectively communicate the solutions to address them. This workshop will bring together communications experts, researchers, and industry partners to discuss ways to actively move beyond the debate of climate change and towards developing resilient climate action plans.
Communications experts, researchers and industry partners have come together to talk about the perceptions of climate change and the communication tools available. Topics include:
- Tried and true examples of how to communicate about our changing climate and the assessment of risk, as well as examples of what hasn't worked
- Research findings important to communications on climate change
- Message mapping and examples of utilities that successfully developed their own
Event fee$145 plus GST
Target audienceMunicipal and utility staff, consultants, engineers, and climate change researchers.
How to register
Please register online.
- Climate Change, Risk Identification & Assessment, Water, Critical Infrastructure