- Meeting or Conference
- Amsterdam RAI; International Water Association (IWA); International Water Conferences (IWC); Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP)
- 04-08 Nov 2013
- Netherlands (Amsterdam)
- Amsterdam RAI
The international water week conference takes place over the course of two days where keynotes, sessions and workshops will cover the multifaceted challenges and opportunities of integrated water solutions. The four main themes/tracks of the conference include:
- Technology for optimizing the urban water cycle
- Urban delta technology, planning and management
- Integrated urban water management
- Industrial-municipal water use solutions
Plenary sessions and keynotes
The opening plenary session will feature a number of distinguished guests and high-level keynote speakers, who will introduce the substantive topics of the Conference and highlight their technical, policy and development relevance. Each day, a keynote speaker and distinguished panel present the focus of the day and bring out some of the key issues that will be discussed in workshops and technical sessions. The closing plenary session will include synthesis presentations and major conclusions of the Conference.
Key notes speakers will come from National Governments, High level City representatives, International (financial) Institutes and leading global water companies.
Workshops are convened together with leading water organizations and form the heart of International Water Week Conference. Panel discussions and debates with the audience at these workshops provide for a lively ambiance of exchange and learning.
- Sanitation and MDG: Sarphati prize winners
- Appropriate finance modalities for multi-stakeholder business cases on water
- Aquarating: A new rating service for water and wastewater utilities
Track 1 workshops
- Strategies to combat emerging substances in the water cycle
- Multiple water use for green cities of the future
Track 2 workshops
- Water and data to optimize delta management
- Knowledge enhances urban adaptation strategies
- Tackling the impacts of storm water discharges on urban waters
Track 3 workshops
- High level roundtable: Role of water in integrated green metropolitan solutions
- The role of regulation in enabling innovation
Track 4 workshops
- Energy and carbon neutrality in water and wastewater utilities and industries
- Industrial water footprint available technologies and best practices
- Opportunities for resource recovery in the urban water cycle
- Accelerating resource recovery from the water cycle
Event feeEarly: 2 day non-member - €450, 2 day member - €350, 1 day non-member - €315, 1 day member - €280, Speaker - € 315; Standard: 2 day non-member - €450, 2 day member - €350, 1 day non-member - €350, 1 day member - €315, Speaker - €315
What is included in the event feeThe conference fee covers attendance to the conference sessions, welcome reception, conference documentation, morning and afternoon coffee/teas and lunch.
How to register
Please register online.
- Private Sector, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Economics of DRR, Water
- Netherlands, the