- Training Course
- Engineering Staff College of India, Centre for Climate Change) (ESCI)
- 01-03 Aug 2013
- India (Hyderabad)
- Engineering Staff College of India (ESCI) campus
Climate change has emerged, in recent times, as an important area of both international as well as domestic policy making and development planning. The effects of climate change are already being observed. These impacts are expected to increase in scale and scope over time. It is an issue involving both environment and development, but it is ultimately an issue related to development.
The training programme is designed to help professionals, state government officials, urban planners, policy implementing agencies and NGOs to devise strategies for climate change resilience, identify tools and resources that help in implementation of adaptation plans for climate change.
- Why adapt to climate change at the state and local level
- Impacts of climate change on the states in India
- Challenges in dealing with climate change adaptation
- Guidelines, principles and objectives of the state to address climate change
- Process of preparing a climate change adaptation plan
- State’s position on key climate change issues - group discussions
- Sustainable development and the National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC)
- Conduct a climate change risk and vulnerability assessment
- Adaptation measures: Set goals and develop preparedness plan
- Strategies for implementation of state level adaptation plan
- State action plan on climate change - case study
Methodology includes class room lectures with audio visuals, interactive sessions through group discussions, case studies etc. Emphasis would be laid on sharing of experiences of participants. Active participation is solicited from participants.
Event feeRs.14, 000
What is included in the event feeFee includes course material, course kit and twin-sharing or single AC accommodation as per availability, breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea/coffee and snacks.
10% discount on course fee is available for participants who do not need accommodation.
10% discount for three or more participants, if sponsored by the same organization.
- Officials from state government organizations
- Executives from state pollution control boards.
- Professionals/ NGOs dealing with environmental compliance and related matters.
- Organizations/consultants/educators and researchers dealing in environment studies
- Any individuals/social workers/environmentalists/economists engaged in implementation of adaptation plans
How to register
Please register online.
- Climate Change, Risk Identification & Assessment, Governance