- Meeting or Conference
- Laval University (UL); Ministry of Transportation, Quebec; Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI)
- 28-30 Oct 2013
- Canada (Quebec)
- Laval University
The workshop aims to provide an international perspective of landslides in sensitive clays and their consequences. The workshop shall provide a broad coverage of the scientific and engineering aspects of geo-hazards related to sensitive clays.
Workshop themes include:
- Sensitive clays: source, nature, development, characterization and extent
- Slope development and processes
- Triggering of landslides
- Post-failure behaviour and landslide morphology
- Modeling and slope stability assessment
- Geotechnical and geophysical investigations
- Susceptibility mapping
- Hazard assessment, risk management, regulations and policies
- Landslide precursors and early warning systems
- Stabilizing methods in sensitive clays
Event feeRegistration through September 30th, 2013: $500; Registration after October 1st, 2013: $550
International researchers in the academia and in the industry, as well as planners working on land-use and hazard mapping.
How to register
Please register online.
- Early Warning, Environment & Ecosystems, Risk Identification & Assessment, GIS & Mapping, Disaster Risk Management
- Land Slide