- Meeting or Conference
- American Meteorological Society (AMS)
- 15-17 Oct 2013
- United States of America (Bowling Green, Kentucky)
- Holiday Inn University Plaza
The theme of the symposium will be to share experiences, new techniques and technologies and/or changes in the areas of:
- Impacts of weather and climate on wildfire;
- Operational forecasting (short to long term) of fire weather for wild, prescribed, and fire use fires;
- Model studies and development, including coupled fire-atmosphere models and mesoscale models;
- Use and assessment of climate forecasts in fire management planning;
- Smoke and fire decision support tool development;
- Techniques in smoke management and mitigation related to new NAAQS and haze standards;
- Improvements to fire danger and fire behavior systems related to meteorology; and
- Field studies of fire-atmosphere interactions.
How to register
For more information, please email the coordinator Tim Brown
or call at +1 7756747090.
Deadline for abstract submission is 3 June 2013.
Deadline for early registration is 2 September 2013.
Deadline for standard registration is 16 September 2013.
- Early Warning, Risk Identification & Assessment
- Wild Fire
- United States of America