- Meeting or Conference
- Bureau of Meteorology; Bushfire and Natural Hazards Cooperative Research Centre (BNHCRC); Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC); Department of Fire & Emergency Services (DFES)
- 15-17 May 2013
- Australia (Busselton, Western Australia)
- Bayview Geographe Resort
The workshop aims to bring weather, fire modelling and risk assessment researchers together with forecasters and fire officers to discuss a wide range of issues, with an emphasis on transfer of research to operations.
The agenda covers the latest research, forecasting practices, operational applications, bushfire risk management, technology and training. The packed program includes eminent international and national speakers and features a tour of the 2011 Margaret River fire site – an event used by several speakers to illustrate issues faced by practitioners. The workshop program promises an entertaining and thought-provoking three days that will be a major professional development activity for attendees. Outcomes of the workshop will be published.
The goals of the workshop are:
- To foster liaison between meteorologists, researchers, risk managers and fire agency practitioners and managers;
- To help practitioners keep up to date with the latest developments; and
- To provide feedback to researchers on the operational needs of forecasters, risk managers and fire officers.
What is included in the event feeIncludes coach transport from/to Perth, accommodation, all meals, field trip and feature dinner.
How to register
Please email Ralph Smith
Deadline to register is 26 April 2013
- Risk Identification & Assessment, Disaster Risk Management
- Wild Fire