- Meeting or Conference
- Department of Geoinformatics, University of Salzburg (Z_GIS)
- 02-05 Jul 2013
- Austria (Salzburg)
- Hellbrunnerstrasse 34
GI_Forum offers information about recent research projects, networking initiatives and products in the field of GIScience and Technology. The GI_Forum provides platforms for both recognized and young researchers, as well as possibilities to organize your own international network meeting. Young researchers profit from direct and informal interaction with internationally renowned peers and a series of seminars to discuss new directions in GIScience.
With more than 70 presentations and workshops GI_Forum 2013 offers a programme with the goal of promoting interest in translating theory, methods and techniques into a broad range of GI application domains. This year our keynote speakers Sarah Elwood, Josef Strobl, Geoff Zeiss, Francis Harvey, Xavier Lopez and Carmel Mbizvo support the general topic.
An international EXPO, an interdisciplinary poster exhibition and various social events are part of the conference and fully included in the admission price allowing for an atmosphere conducive for personal and community communication and innovation.
- Spatial data infrastructures
- GIScience & target group specific design
- Mobility and safety
- Ecosystem and biodiversity monitoring
- Spatial information & society
- Critical GIS / cartography
- Education for spatial citizenship
- Spatial thinking in education
- Outreach initiatives
Event feeEarly registration: € 290, Presenting author registration: € 170, Group registration: € 240, Student registration: € 139
How to register
Please register online
Early registration ends 25 May 2013
- Information Management, Space & Aerial Technology, GIS & Mapping