- Training Course
- Cabot Institute
- Other organizer:
- National Environment Research Council (NERC); University of Bristol
- 15-19 Jul 2013
- United Kingdom (Bristol)
- Engineers House, The Promenade, Clifton Down
The school will provide advanced training in risk and uncertainty in natural hazards from the Cabot Institute's leading academics plus some special guest lecturers.
- Introduction - Professor Thorsten Wagener
- Forward propagation of uncertainty - Dr Tamsin Edwards
- Sensitivity analysis - Professor Thorsten Wagener
- Expert elicitation - Professor Willy Aspinall
There will also be guest lectures from:
- Professor Steve Sparks FRS, CBE - Hazard and risk assessment for aviation safety from volcanic ash
- Dr Jonty Rougier - Assessing the value of information in hazard assessment
- Ken Mylne (Met Office) - Improving decision-making with uncertain forecasts
Event feeStudents £300, non-students £500
What is included in the event feeAll course materials & lunch.
Target audiencePostgraduates, early career researchers and scientists from industry and government agencies.
- Risk Identification & Assessment, Disaster Risk Management
- United Kingdom