- Meeting or Conference
- National Engineering School of Tunis (ENIT)
- 14-16 Mar 2013
- Tunisia (Ain Draham)
The international conference will promote the debate of relevant issues among engineers and researchers in soil and rock mechanics and in environmental fields. An important challenge for scientists is not only to advance in the knowledge on technical matters but also to promote the teaching of these aspects in a wide sense and to increase the awareness of public and local authorities, as well as civil protection institutions, with regards to landslide risks.
A main objective is to identify emerging developments in the analysis, mitigation and monitoring technologies capable of generating successful methodologies to deal with landslide risk and to contribute to the development of international standards. The conference will hopefully provide engineers and decision-makers with improved procedures for the quantitative assessment of landslide risk.
Special focus is given to:
- Climatic change effects on slope behavior and the effects on the human activities.
- Efficient prediction and modeling and related issues.
- Optimization of tools to monitor and mitigate landslides in different environments, especially in mountainous zones
Event feeLocal professionals 600 DT, foreign professionals 600 €, local professors 500 DT, foreign professors 500 €, local students 400 DT, foreign students 400 €.
What is included in the event fee
Accommodations fees, participation in technical program, guided tour, coffee breaks, gala dinner, conference proceedings
How to register
Please send the complete form to ENIT - BP 37, 1002 Tunis Le Belvédère, Tunisie or fax to (+216) 71 875 726 or please e-mail to email@example.com
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Risk Identification & Assessment, GIS & Mapping
- Land Slide