- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- 20-21 Feb 2013
- Switzerland (Geneva)
- Palais des Nations
- English, French and Russian
The third meeting of the Core group of the pilot projects on adaptation to climate change in transboundary basins under the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Convention on the Protection and Use of Transboundary Watercourses and International Lakes (UNECE Water Convention) will mark the transformation of the programme into a global network of basins working on climate change adaptation. This endeavour, carried out in cooperation with the International Network of Basin Organizations (INBO) will enable the comparison of methodologies and approaches, foster exchange of experience and promote a shared vision between the participating basins.
The meeting will bring together pilot basins which were part of the programme already in 2010-2012 as well as new basins, including basins from beyond the UNECE region which are working on water and climate change.
The meeting will have the following objectives:
- review the progress and the lessons learned by the pilot projects
- discuss how to promote the exchange of experience within the Global Network of Basins
- discuss the collection of good practices and lessons learned and global platform for exchanging experience on water and adaptation to climate change in transboundary basins.
How to registerTo register, participants are requested to complete the attached registration form and to transmit it to the UNECE secretariat by 11 February 2013 by e-mail at: Mayola.Lidome@unece.org
- Climate Change, Water