- Meeting or Conference
- Floodplain Management Association (Australia) (FMA)
- 28-31 May 2013
- Twin Towns Clubs and Resorts, Tweed Heads, NSW
The Floodplain Management Association Conference has been held annually for over 50 years and is the most respected floodplain industry event held in Australia. With major flooding occurring over much of Australia in recent years it is time for a national conference to review learning from these events, explore opportunities and develop national solutions. The 2013 conference will be the first aimed at involving flood risk managers from across Australia, and to ensure its success it is guided by a Conference Advisory Committee with representatives from every state and territory. The conference will include outstanding keynote speakers, plenary sessions, concurrent sessions, field trips addressing floodplain issues in northern NSW and the Gold Coast, plus networking events. There will also be a pre-conference workshop on the Tuesday.
Theme: National Floodplain Management-shared experiences, national solutions
Event feeMember full registration: $1000, Non-member full registration: $1100, Student full registration: $400, Day registration: $440, Student day registration: $150
What is included in the event fee
- Member and non-member full registration includes all conferences sessions and social functions.
- Student full registration includes all conference sessions and the welcome reception.
- Day registration includes conference sessions for nominated day only. Excludes all social functions.
Commonwealth, State and Local Government representatives, flood risk managers, research and education organisations as well as consultants, engineers, land-use planners, and community volunteer organisations.
How to register
Please register online. Alternatively you can mail, email, or fax the complete registration form to:
East Coast Conferences
PO Box 848 Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Fax: 02 6650 9700
- Governance, Economics of DRR, Disaster Risk Management