- Meeting or Conference
- Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport (AASTMT); Smithsonian Institution; University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI)
- 15-18 Apr 2013
- Egypt (Alexandria)
- Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport in Abu Qir
This international conference focused on the Arab MENA region and EuroMed will examine the challenges and opportunities for integrating the three issues of global climate change, biodiversity and sustainability. The conference will provide a collection of keynote speakers, paper and poster sessions, training opportunities, discussion workshops, as well as study tours.
The conference aims to establish the scientific foundation for sound decisions on infrastructure, urban development, natural resources, public health, and insurance, as well as for planning—from community organizations to international disaster risk management.
- To review the baseline data and systematic observation networks to assess biodiversity conservation, sustainability options and policy responses to global climate change.
- To integrate our knowledge of likely future changes from a changing climate, reflecting both scientific and traditional knowledge.
- To report on predictive models and decision support tools to guide the design and selection of adaptation strategies from local to regional scales.
- To establish a framework for future collaborative research on climate change, biodiversity and sustainable development.
Target audienceThe conference brings together top researchers, industry representatives and managers of climate change, biodiversity, and sustainability activities providing an opportunity for researchers and decision makers from a wide range of disciplines to share results and information in a pan-Arab MENA region and EuroMed event. The symposium program includes invited keynote, plenary, and panel presentations; poster sessions; and study tours.
How to registerPlease contact the organizing committee at email@example.com
- Climate Change, Insurance & Risk Transfer, Urban Risk & Planning, Economics of DRR, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Critical Infrastructure, Indigenous Knowledge