- Meeting or Conference
- Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS); International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- 18-25 Apr 2013
- Bangladesh (Dhaka)
IIED’s CBA7 Conference aims to provide the latest thinking from climate scientists, policy makers and practitioners to answer this question, and to share lessons learned.
Three days of field visits to projects in Bangladesh (19 – 21 April) to see how communities living in different ecosystems have adapted to climate change, and three days of plenary sessions and interactive sessions at the conference in Dhaka, Bangladesh’s capital city.
Field trips 19 - 21 April
Participants will be divided into groups and taken to different areas to see how communities have adapted to climate-related problems such as flooding, droughts or saline water intrusion. Some of these field sites will be part of the Action Research on Community Adaptation in Bangladesh (ARCAB) programme.
Conference 22 - 25 April
Each day will consist of a plenary session and a number of parallel interactive sessions relating to mainstreaming community-based adaptation (CBA) to climate change into national and local planning.Topics covered will include:
- CBA in practice in sectors and regions: water, agriculture and food security, ecosystem‐based approaches, disaster risk reduction, economics, human health, urban areas, children, gender, migration and population
- Knowledge, education and awareness on CBA: challenges and opportunities for mainstreaming adaptation
- Monitoring and evaluation of CBA
How to register
Attendance is limited to 250 participants, all of whom must complete a registration form online . For those who can fund themselves, applications are due by 31 January 2013. Participants requiring funding (from developing countries only) should make this clear on their application form and must ensure their application form reaches conference organizers by 31 December 2012.
For further information contact the Conference secretariat:
Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS)
House 10, Road 16A, Gulshan‐1,
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Tel: +88 02 8818124‐27, 9852904, 9851237
Fax: +88 02 9851417
- Capacity Development, Climate Change, Community-based DRR, Environment & Ecosystems, Gender, Health & Health Facilities, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Economics of DRR, Water, Vulnerable Populations, Food Security & Agriculture
- Drought, Flood