- Meeting or Conference
- National Centre of Competence in Research Climate (NCCR)
- 01-06 Sep 2013
- Switzerland (Grindelwald)
The NCCR Climate, Switzerland's Centre of Excellence in Climate and Climate Impact Research, invites young scientists to join leading climate researchers in the scenic Swiss Alpine village of Grindelwald for keynote lectures, workshops and poster sessions on the occasion of the 12th NCCR Climate Summer School 2013.
The 12th International NCCR Climate Summer School is focusing on the theme "From climate reconstructions to climate predictions". This theme has been chosen due to its paramount importance in terms of both scientific challenges and pressing societal concerns.
The specific topics to be addressed include:
- Climate variability of the past two millennia and the next century
- Calibrating proxies, modeling past climate, data - model comparison, detection and attribution
- Rapid climate change and feedbacks, tipping points
- Decadal predictability: theory and processes
The Summer School invites young researchers from all fields of climate research. The courses cover a broad spectrum of climate and climate impact research issues and foster cross-disciplinary links. Each topic includes keynote plenary lectures and workshops with in-depth discussion in smaller groups. All Summer School participants are expected to present a poster of their research and there will be ample opportunity for discussion.
Event fee1400 CHF
What is included in the event feeThe registration fee includes full board accommodation, excursion and teaching material.
Target audienceThe summer school is open to young researchers (PhD students and Post-Docs) worldwide. Participation is highly competitive and will be limited to a maximum of 70.
How to register
Deadline for applications: 20 December 2012
- Climate Change, Risk Identification & Assessment, Disaster Risk Management