- Meeting or Conference
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- 10-11 Apr 2013
- United Kingdom (London )
- The Royal Geographical Society
In 2013 the CIWEM annual conference will take a different direction with a new approach to the speaker programme.
The conference programme will have one stream of offered and invited papers, plus inspiring keynote speakers, covering the practical reality of sustainably delivering water and environmental management. We will be building on the successes of previous events to make this the must attend event for the water and environment sector.
The aim of the conference is to challenge and inspire the water and environment community by sharing knowledge, networking and best practice, which is at the heart of meeting key global challenges.
The following topics will be covered during the conference (but not exclusively) :
- Water management - water resources, water quality, wastewater management, integrated water resource management
- Flooding, urban drainage, surface water management, and the integration of water and flood management
- Environment sector policy, legislation and regulation, the political process, influencing Government 'direction'
- Case Studies - European/International - global exemplars of brilliant and inspiring practice
- The environment sector in times of austerity, investment and innovation; the opportunities and challenges of greening the economy
- Integration and partnership working
- Climate change and sustainability; mitigation and adaptation, global water security and interactions with energy, food and carbon
- Valuing the environment and ecosystem goods and services
How to register
For more information, please, visit the online page here.
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Governance, Water, Food Security & Agriculture
- United Kingdom