- Meeting or Conference
- Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU)
- 12-15 Nov 2012
- Israel (Beer Sheva)
- Sede Boqer Campus
The International Conference on Drylands, Deserts and Desertification (DDD) has emerged as an important global gathering of scientists, field workers, industry, government, CSOs, international development aid agencies and other stakeholders from over 60 countries concerned about land degradation in the drylands, and their sustainable use and development land degradation and development.
The program combines plenary lectures and panels, parallel sessions, workshops, field trips and social events. The four day conference provides an opportunity for a diverse group of experts, policy makers and land managers to consider a range of theoretical and practical issues associated with combating desertification and living sustainably in the drylands.
The 4th DDD conference will focus on the outcome of Rio+20 (UN Conference on Sustainable Development – UNCSD) and consider the science required for implementing the UNCSD recommendations relevant to drylands and desertification. Local case studies will be highlighted alongside success stories from around the world with an emphasis on indicators of progress. Additional sessions will be held considering a broad range of topics associated with sustainable living in the drylands and means to address desertification, as well as achieving the target of zero net rate of land degradation.
Event feeBefore July 20, 2012: US$ 380 (US$ 300 for students/senior citizens) From July 20, 2012: US$ 430 (US$ 350 for students/senior citizens)
What is included in the event fee
• Admittance to all of the conference sessions
• Conference proceedings
• 3 conference dinners, 4 conference lunches & refreshments during breaks
• Exciting evening activities
• Full day field trip and additional part-day trips during the conference
• Access to reduced rates for lodging in associated hotels and inns.
• Local bus transportation (to/from selected hotels/inns and for field trips)
How to register
Online registration will start on May 1, 2012. Any question or inquiries, contact Ben-Gurion University by email at email@example.com
- Environment & Ecosystems, Governance, Social Impacts & Social Resilience