- Meeting or Conference
- European Geosciences Union (EGU); International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG); Romanian Academy Institute of Geodynamics
- 16-19 May 2012
- Romania (Bacău)
- "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacău
Environmental risks come in many forms. Earthquakes and floods are the best known because they are the most common. But modern society is also threatened by other risks, such as climate change, solar storms, and the hazard of impacts from outer space. While the risks from these hazards are worldwide, disasters affect local communities, and an appropriate response to them must engage local communities. World-renowned experts in these fields will meet at Bacau University in May of 2012 to discuss these hazards, and engage the local community in addressing them.
• Climate changes
• Risk from space environment
• Risk from earth environment
Event feeParticipants 150 EUR (650 RON, before April 15th), 170 EUR (730 RON, on site). Students 50 EUR (210 RON). Accompanists/attending persons 50 EUR (210 RON).
What is included in the event feeThe conference fee will cover a copy of the compiled abstracts of presentations, two lunches, opening ceremony, coffee breaks, buffet dinner on 16 May and gala dinner 17 May 2012. The organizers have the pleasure of inviting the participants on a Traditional Romanian Dinner in Slavic resort (needs hotel reservation in Slavic on 18/19 May) - not included in the conference fee, and on a Tour to Moldavian monasteries - not included in the conference fee.
- Climate Change, Community-based DRR, Environment & Ecosystems, Risk Identification & Assessment