- Meeting or Conference
- Center For Climate Change and Enviromental Studies
- 29 Nov 2011
- South Africa (Durban)
- COP 17, Room 1 (20:15—21:45)
Mobilizing african women on climate change adaptation and mitigation.
Coping and adaptive strategies by women:
• Searching for safe shelter/improving homes
• Disaster risk reduction and preparedness by women’s groups
The project will provide a platform for the first lady to carry out her humanitarian initiatives across Africa and the international community for the benefit of mankind.
The Cause of mainstreaming Gender in Climate Change governance would be enhanced through Advocacy, sensitization and mobilization of African and Governments.
- Climate Change, Gender, Governance, Disaster Risk Management
- South Africa