About World Tsunami Awareness Day
In 2019, the World Tsunami Awareness Day will promote Target (d) of the "Sendai Seven Campaign" which focuses on reducing disaster damage to critical infrastructure and disruption of basic services.
By the year 2030, an estimated 50 per cent of the world's population will live in coastal areas exposed to flooding, storms and tsunamis.
Investing in resilient infrastructure, early warning systems, and education is critical to saving people and protecting their assets against tsunami risk in the future.
Support the 2019 #BuildToLast and spread the word about World Tsunami Awareness Day!
Main hashtags: #TsunamiDay #BuildToLast
Organize your day
How can YOU help and promote the tsunami campaign?
- Organize an event to promote more awareness and education on tsunami resilience
- Share your event details here
- Use the official #TsunamiDay campaign materials at events
- Take short videos (< 30 seconds) of exposed tsunami infrastructures and talk with experts about what can be done to reduce tsunami exposure and vulnerability. Share your stories on your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Weibo accounts. Remember to tag @UNDRR and to use the hashtags #BuildToLast #TsunamiDay
- Record a video using campaign key messages in your language and in a creative way
- Follow us, share, like our #TsunamiDay #BuildToLast posts or tweets on Twitter, Facebook,
Learn more about #TsunamiDay and risk reduction
Got a Question?
For more information about World Tsunami Awareness Day, please contact UNISDR Communications - undrrcomms(at)un.org