This country is covered by UNDRR's Europe office.This risk profile is currently being updated with new data from the 2013 Global Risk Update.
Sendai Framework, Hyogo Framework for Action
Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief, Ministry of Defence (ACPDR)
Phone: +386 147 132 06 +386 516 279 38
Institutional Structure / National Platform Description
In July 2014, the Council of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia for Protection against Natural and other Disasters was established as an advisory body to the Government of the Republic of Slovenia on protection against natural and man-made disasters. The Council shall act as a National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction.
Members of the Platform are representatives of key ministries and government offices, nongovernmental organisations and associations as well as expert, scientific and research institutions, representatives of local communities and national media:
- Ministries (environment, interior, infrastructure, health, foreign affairs, education, culture, defence)
- Office of the Prime Minister of the RS
- National Civil Protection Commander
- Fire Fighting Association of Slovenia
- Slovenian Red Cross
- CIPRA Slovenia - Association for the Protection of the Alps
- Slovenian Electronic Communication Society SIKOM
Academic and research institutions:
- Slovenian Rectors Conference
- Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Associations of Municipalities of Slovenia
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia
- RTV Slovenia
Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief (ACPDR)- along with other authorities/governmental bodies in the Platform, covers the majority of cost.
Its aim is to facilitate dialogue between the Government of the Republic of Slovenia and the civil society as well as non-governmental, scientific and research, and other organizations and associations on disaster risk reduction, building disaster resilience and sustainable development in line with the objectives of the Hyogo Framework for Action.
The main activities of the Council/Platform are:
- To take an active part in the development and implementation of the National Programme on Protection Against Natural and Other Disasters.
- To facilitate cooperation of stakeholders in all phases of disaster management cycle – prevention, preparedness, response to disasters, and recovery.
- To participate in the legislative process.
- To contribute to awareness-raising on the importance of prevention activities and promote resilience to disasters.
- To cooperate with other relevant bodies from related fields and strive towards synergy.
- To organize public consultations on disaster management.
- To participate in the relevant international activities and cooperate with platforms of other countries.
HFA Progress Reports
- Slovenia: Sendai Framework data readiness review report 2017 | Slovenia - government
- Slovenia: National progress report on the implementation of the Hyogo Framework for Action (2013-2015) 2014 | Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief, Ministry of Defence, Slovenia - gov
- Slovenia: National progress report on the implementation of the Hyogo Framework for Action (2011-2013) 2013 | Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief, Ministry of Defence, Slovenia - gov
Other Policy, Plans & Statements
Policy & Plans
- Slovenia: Strategic framework for adaptation to climate change 2016 | Slovenia - government
Official Statements & Presentations
- Slovenia: Statement made at the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (2017) 2017 | Slovenia - government
- Slovenia: Statement made at the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (WCDRR) 2015 | Slovenia - government
Other Development Reports
- 2.0 million
- GDP 2007:
- 24.2 billion USD
UNDRR EuropeBouldevard du Régent 37 - 40
Phone: +32 22 902 588
Fax: +32 22 904 950
Partners Publications about Slovenia
- Integrated drought management in Central and Eastern Europe: Compendium of good practices2017 | WMO; GWP; IDMP
- EFDRR Survey on Sendai Framework Implementation in Europe 20172017 | UNDRR ROE