Office for Northeast Asia and Global Education and Training Institute
As the Government of Lao PDR continues its recovery from the floods of 2018, it is seeking to lessen the risk of future disasters. To accomplish this, the Lao Government and the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction jointly organized a national workshop that brought together development partners and government agencies to lay the foundation for the country’s first national disaster risk reduction strategy.
UNDRR ONEA-GETI Newsletter 22: April-June 2019
In the second quarter of 2019, UNDRR ONEA-GETI participated in Global Platform 2019 and accomplished many achievements including but not limited to launching of the Strategic Approach to Capacity Development, issuing joint official statement for local and regional governments and many more. The effort for building resilient cities beyond 2020 is continuing through series of consultations among stakeholders and experts. ONEA-GETI renewed its commitment by signing MoU with Incheon Metropolitan City and its office of education to support school safety in Incheon, Rep of Korea; also participated in local exhibition to promote the school safety programme; More and more Korean cities are reaching out to ONEA-GETI to learn about using MCR tools to develop DRR plans.
UNDRR Office for Northeast Asia and Global Education Training Institute (UNDRR ONEA-GETI) was established to develop a new cadre of professionals in disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation for disaster resilient societies.
Newsletters, updates, training reports from Office for Northeast Asia (ONEA) and Global Education and Training Institute (GETI).
UNDRR ONEA-GETI publications and
UNDRR publications from the Asia-Pacific region
UNDRR ONEA-GETI 발행물 및
아시아 태평양 지역 관련 UNDRR 발행물
UNDRR 동북아사무소 (ONEA) 및 국제교육훈련연수원 (GETI) 뉴스레터, 새소식, 교육훈련 보고서 등
- Consultative Workshop on Local Disaster Risk Reduction Strategies 01 - 02 Oct 2019 | Korea, Rep of (Incheon)
- 7th Steering Committee Meeting Making Cities Resilient Campaign 24 - 25 Apr 2019 | Spain (Barcelona)
- Experience Sharing Forum: Making Cities Sustainable and Resilient in Korea (K-Safety Expo 2018) 16 Nov 2018 | Korea, Rep of (Ilsan)
- Regional Orientation and Consultation on the first draft Strategic Approach to Capacity Development for Implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction at Africa-Arab Platform on Disaster Risk Reduction 10 Oct 2018 | Tunisia (Tunis)
- Urban Risk Reduction and Making Cities Resilient in Lebanon 16 - 17 Aug 2018 | Lebanon (Beirut)
- Workshop on the Understanding the Sendai Framework in coherence with the SDGs in Lao PDR: Towards the implementation of the national disaster risk reduction strategy and Sendai Framework Monitoring 05 - 08 Aug 2019 | Lao People's Democratic Republic (Vientiane)
- Workshop on Urban Risk Reduction and Making Cities Resilient: Towards the development and implementation of local disaster risk reduction strategies 15 - 17 Jul 2019 | Korea, Rep of (Incheon)
- Towards Coherent Disaster Risk Reduction Strategy Development, Implementation and Monitoring among SAARC Member States 09 - 11 Jul 2019 | India (New Delhi)
- Training of Trainers on Local Implementation of Disaster Risk Reduction Towards sustainable and inclusive societies 04 - 05 Jul 2019 | Korea, Rep of (Incheon)
- Workshop on Urban Risk Reduction and Making Cities Resilient: Towards the development and implementation of local disaster risk reduction strategy 02 - 04 Jul 2019 | Mauritius (Quatre Bornes)
UNDRR Office for Northeast Asia and Global Education & Training Institute for DRR4F G-Tower 175 Art Center Daero
Incheon, Korea, Rep of
Phone: +82 32 458 6551/6570
Fax: +82 32 458 6598/9
Latest Incheon News
- The World Laos invests in disaster risk reduction to thwart future disasters
- The World Accelerating disaster risk reduction in South Asia to keep up with development