Office for Northeast Asia and Global Education and Training Institute
As the Government of Lao PDR continues its recovery from the floods of 2018, it is seeking to lessen the risk of future disasters. To accomplish this, the Lao Government and the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction jointly organized a national workshop that brought together development partners and government agencies to lay the foundation for the country’s first national disaster risk reduction strategy.
UNDRR ONEA-GETI Newsletter 23: July-September 2019
During the summer of 2019, UNDRR ONEA & GETI contributed to building resilience and strengthening capacity for local disaster risk reduction through various fora including the Resilient Cities Congress and training workshops. GETI supported Laos and countries from Africa, Arab States, Central Asia and the Caucasus, the Pacific, South and Southeast Asia to strength national DRR strategies, as well as the SAARC regional strategy. DRR outreach extended to Asia-Pacific private sector and parliamentarians, and international youth and young professionals.
UNDRR Office for Northeast Asia and Global Education Training Institute (UNDRR ONEA-GETI) was established to develop a new cadre of professionals in disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation for disaster resilient societies.
Newsletters, updates, training reports from Office for Northeast Asia (ONEA) and Global Education and Training Institute (GETI).
UNDRR ONEA-GETI publications and
UNDRR publications from the Asia-Pacific region
UNDRR ONEA-GETI 발행물 및
아시아 태평양 지역 관련 UNDRR 발행물
UNDRR 동북아사무소 (ONEA) 및 국제교육훈련연수원 (GETI) 뉴스레터, 새소식, 교육훈련 보고서 등
- Consultative Workshop on Local Disaster Risk Reduction Strategies 01 - 02 Oct 2019 | Korea, Rep of (Incheon)
- 7th Steering Committee Meeting Making Cities Resilient Campaign 24 - 25 Apr 2019 | Spain (Barcelona)
- Experience Sharing Forum: Making Cities Sustainable and Resilient in Korea (K-Safety Expo 2018) 16 Nov 2018 | Korea, Rep of (Ilsan)
- Regional Orientation and Consultation on the first draft Strategic Approach to Capacity Development for Implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction at Africa-Arab Platform on Disaster Risk Reduction 10 Oct 2018 | Tunisia (Tunis)
- Urban Risk Reduction and Making Cities Resilient in Lebanon 16 - 17 Aug 2018 | Lebanon (Beirut)
- Singapore-UNDRR Joint Training Programme 03 - 06 Sep 2019 | Singapore
- Taller de Fortalecimiento de Capacidades para la implementación del Marco de Sendai a nivel local para promotores de la Campaña Mundial “Desarrollando Ciudades Resilientes: ¡Mi ciudad se está preparando!” en las Américas y el Caribe. 24 - 26 Sep 2019 | Panama (Ciudad de Panama)
- Workshop on the Understanding the Sendai Framework in coherence with the SDGs in Lao PDR: Towards the implementation of the national disaster risk reduction strategy and Sendai Framework Monitoring 05 - 08 Aug 2019 | Lao People's Democratic Republic (Vientiane)
- Workshop on Urban Risk Reduction and Making Cities Resilient: Towards the development and implementation of local disaster risk reduction strategies 15 - 17 Jul 2019 | Korea, Rep of (Incheon)
- Towards Coherent Disaster Risk Reduction Strategy Development, Implementation and Monitoring among SAARC Member States 09 - 11 Jul 2019 | India (New Delhi)
UNDRR Office for Northeast Asia and Global Education & Training Institute for DRR4F G-Tower 175 Art Center Daero
Incheon, Korea, Rep of
Phone: +82 32 458 6551/6570
Fax: +82 32 458 6598/9
Latest Incheon News
- The World Laos invests in disaster risk reduction to thwart future disasters
- The World Accelerating disaster risk reduction in South Asia to keep up with development