Five High Level Dialogues will be held over the three main official days (15-17 May 2019).
High level dialogues present an opportunity for representatives from government, international organizations and other stakeholder groups to share experiences and discuss strategies for accelerating the implementation of the Sendai Framework and the overall Sustainable Development agenda. The format for the session will be two hours in duration, and will comprise of a moderator and 4-5 panelists. The aim will be to make the session as interactive as possible, with discussion between the panelists and the audience focusing on the strategic issues for the topics under discussion. High Level Dialogues will help shape the content of the Chair's Summary, which will provide an important input into the 2019 HLPF for Sustainable Development by informing deliberations from a disaster risk reduction perspective.
List of High Level Dialogues
Dates, time, and location will be confirmed at a later date.
- Progress made in implementing Sendai Framework - Global and Regional Perspectives,
- Progress made at national and local level (Target E)
- Risk-informed Public and Private investments
- Leaving no one behind - investing in local action and addressing the needs of most vulnerable
- Achieving the SDGs through Climate and Disaster Risk Reduction
Date and time
Date and time will be confirmed at a later date.
Open to all participants.