Mission And Disaster Reduction Profile
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
RICS is the pre-eminent organization of its kind in the world. As such it represents everything that is good in the property profession. Its members offer the very best advice on a surprisingly diverse range of land, property, construction and related environmental issues. It also helps to set, maintain and regulate standards - as well as providing impartial advice to governments and policymakers.
Activities in the Campaign
View full Profile in PreventionWeb
- RICS will contribute to the campaign with a Disaster Management Programme that will be based on an inventory of building codes with safety and DRR criteria.
- RICS DRM programme is 4 fold, Advocacy which aims members working in private and public sectors.
- Build Action: demand driven pilot project support or professional services pro bono (up to 4 weeks).
- Capacity building: towards members; humanitarian agencies on land issues; local professionals- in field (ex Haiti, advising on building codes, risk assessments, land issues).
- Dissemination: promote and document good practice, guide books etc.